Reduce, reuse and recycle
We're constantly working on the best ways to get fresh, sustainable seafood to you without a heavy footprint. So far that means reducing food miles and using packaging that's as minimal as possible that can be re-used and recycled.
But we're not done yet. We're always on the look-out for new, more eco-friendly solutions, which means you might see some changes to the way your products arrive as we learn.
Reducing food miles
With Rockfish, your fish travels as few miles as possible to get to you. From where it's landed and bought at it's freshest, it travels just 50 metres across the Brixham quayside to where it's prepared and portioned ready for packaging and delivery.
Reusing and recycling
Our fish is delivered in unique eco-packaging, with boxes made from fully recycled material and insulation made from recycled plastic bottles.
You can put the box out for recycling or you can return it to us for FREE along with the ice packs and insulation. All you have to do is go to our packaging page, book your return online, seal up the box using the stickers provided and drop it at your nearest Post Office.
What to do with your Seafood at Home packaging:
- Box - Made from recycled and recylable plastic. Reuse at home, recycle kerbside or return to us for FREE.
- Insulation - Made from plastic bottles reclaimed from the ocean. Reuse at home or return to us for FREE.
- Ice packs - Made from recyclable soft plastic. Once fully defrosted, cut open and pour the gel down the sink (the contents have been certified drain safe) and rinse with warm water. You can then recycle the wrapper with other soft plastics either kerbside or at your local supermarket.
- Vac pac plastic - Made from recyclable soft plastic. Rinse out well and then recycle with other soft plastics either kerbside or at your local supermarket.
- Glass jars - Reuse at home or recycle kerbside.
- Letters and booklet - Printed on recycled paper stock. Keep for reference, and when you're done they can be recycled in your usual kerbside recycling.